The latest version of the CCPA Regulations was released by the California Attorney General on 11 March 2020. To see what has changed since the 19 October 2019 version, read the marked-up version. There are quite significant changes. For example:
- there are new aspects dealing with employment-related information,
- the use of electronic signatures is clarified.
- the notices to consumers are clarified,
- there is more guidance about the opt-out button,
- businesses do not need to respond to a right to know request in some circumstances, and
What is their purpose?
The proposed regulations will:
- establish procedures to facilitate consumers’ new rights under the CCPA, and
- provide guidance to businesses for how to comply.
When is the deadline for comment?
The deadline for you to submit written comments on the CCPA Regulations is March 27, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. (PST).
Where to read more about the CCPA Regulations?
You can read more about the CCPA Regulations on the website of the Office of the Attorney General of California.